Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sunshine after the storm



10th Jan 2009 - Day 03

3AM: I couldn't sleep well. So far, no whimpering or for that matter, no sound was coming from Dazzle. I took a peek at the cage in the living room and was pleasantly surprised to see Dazzle standing straight up, immediately spotting me.

I was so so glad, so so relieved that Dazzle has lived through a very bad day in her new home. At 3.15am, i was clearing Dazzle's shit but i was happy. Can you believe that? Happy clearing dog shit at 3.15am!
After cleaning Dazzle's cage, i gave her a hug and went back to sleep. Not long after, Dazzle was whimpering a bit but it wasn't long before she quietened and let me have my sleep.

We woke up at 6.30am and was greeted by an enthusiastic Dazzle eager to jump out of her cage and play. She cuddled and in her own way told her how much she missed us.

This time, we fed her conservatively and made sure that her kibbles had been soaked for a good 10mins before feeding her.

So far so good. Dazzle is back to her old self and is really a time sucker. Unknowingly, we have spent more 10 hours with her today and she finally went back to her cage to sleep with her soft toy Dino and let me off to update this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Dazzle says thank you! She knows she's lovely. She's been trying to charm her way out of trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete